Jesus disciples, the ones he called into a relationship with him as talmidim, made such an impact on the province of Asia Minor-the most pagan of all the Roman provinces, that it became the most Christian province in the Roman Empire. Jesus desires the same kind of relationship with his disciples today. To have that kind of relationship in our world means that we must:
- Know God's Word and Jesus interpretation of it.
- Be passionate in our devotion to that Word and Jesus example.
- Follow him even if we are not sure of the final destination.
- Live by his teaching, which means we must know that teaching well.
- Be obsessed with being like him as much as is humanly possible.
- Develop meaningful relationships with others so that they will observe us and seek to imitate our love, devotion to God, and out Jesus-like lifestyle. (See 1 Corinthians 2:16; 11:1; Galatians 3:26-27.) By God's grace, people with totally committed relationships to Christ can change the most pagan culture including our own.